Personalized Asset Protection And Medicaid

A trust is a legal vehicle that can accomplish many things. A trust can provide for the needs of a disabled child or incapacitated adult. Trusts also can be established to enable a person to qualify for Medicaid.

The founding attorney at The Pollan Law Firm in Atlanta has extensive experience with these powerful and flexible tools. We can help you form a trust or trusts that achieve your goals and preserve your assets.

What Is A Qualified Income Trust?

Georgia has a strict limit on income for the purposes of determining eligibility for Medicaid-financed nursing home care.

With the use of a qualified income trust (also called a Miller trust), it is possible to qualify even if your income exceeds the limit. These trusts require careful planning and familiarity with the complex rules that govern them.

With more than 26 years in Medicaid planning, The Pollan Law Firm can determine if a Miller trust is right for you. If it is, we can take the actions necessary to establish the trust so that your loved one can get the long-term care he or she needs.

In addition, our firm can establish all types of trusts, such as:

  • Revocable living trusts
  • Irrevocable trusts
  • Special-needs trusts
  • Life insurance trusts

Although a trust can be established on a one-time basis to accomplish a single purpose, The Pollan Law Firm prefers to use trusts as one component in the overall estate planning process.

For example, if you are the parent of an adult disabled child, you may wish to establish a special-needs trust to provide for that child after you are gone. For your other children, you may also want to form other types of trusts or traditional bequests to provide legacies for them. Our lawyers can review your situation and recommend an overall strategy that provides for the needs of your loved ones and preserves your assets for the next generation.

Committed To Quality, Compassionate Care. Contact The Pollan Law Firm.

Learn more about how we can assist you with Medicaid trusts or other trusts by contacting our firm at 678-235-9317 to speak with a lawyer. If you prefer, send us an email.