The Pollan Law Firm
In Atlanta, The Pollan Law Firm offers first-hand guidance in elder care law, Medicaid and special-needs planning.
Call Today (678) 510-1358
Menu / Navigate

September 2018 Archives

The basics: Apply for Medicaid in your state

If your loved one needs to enter a nursing home or receive care in their own home, you may want to see if they qualify for Medicaid. Medicaid can help provide you with low-cost or free care, which is helpful in offsetting the expenses related to long-term care in the elderly or low-income individuals.

Special needs planning can involve multiple issues

Parents in Georgia who are attempting to make plans for their children who have special needs can run into a variety of obstacles, as there are multiple issues that may need to be addressed in said plans. However, regardless of the obstacles, these parents know that they must do right by their children and accomplish their goals.

Determine if a special needs trust is right for you

Our society today is doing more than ever before to attempt to make sure that people with special needs are taken care of. From a government standpoint, disabled individuals may be able to receive Social Security Disability benefits or Supplemental Security Income. However, in some cases, those sources of income are not enough. Many people in Georgia who have family members who have physical or medical disabilities oftentimes want to look into the benefits of a special needs trust.

What is your nursing home care and Medicaid plan?

"Failing to plan is planning to fail" - this is a common phrase that many of our readers in Georgia have likely heard before. While we all do our best to make plans and follow through with them when it comes to important aspects of our lives, sometimes we overlook areas that may be more important than we think. For instance, what is your nursing home care and Medicaid plan, should the need for these services arise?

4 signs that it's time to choose a nursing home

Over 15 million people in the United States spend time caring for a loved one suffering from Alzheimer's disease or dementia. For many of these people, the burden of providing care becomes too much and takes a high toll financially, physically and even mentally. If you have an elderly parent that you can no longer care for, then it might be time to consider moving your loved one into an assisted living or nursing facility.

New Location: 206 11th Street NE Atlanta, Georgia 30309
1801 Peachtree Street NE
Suite 125
Atlanta, GA 30309

Phone: 678-235-9317
Map & Directions

Learn How We Can Help

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Back to Top
Review Us
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
10.0David Paul Pollan